Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
AR codes for Harp Note's mini-game; I really need this to get past her scenario :(
Topic Started: Jul 19 2016, 08:51 AM (968 Views)
nightshroud96
No Avatar
Please.. I really need this to get past Harp Note's mini-game involving shooting musical notes from directions(similar to the 100 foe mini-game in BN 5) using the stylus that forces you to start over in that part if you get hit..(this is in Star Force 1 during Harp Note's scenario)
I can't pass it because of my reaction time(its worse in the 3rd mini-game of the scenario with 3 notes coming at you at once) and other problems..

And PLEASE don't be like those people who just goes "lol do it yourself you idiot"(note: there is another word in place of "idiot" that is the actual word but I am not sure if I can say it here), I made this same topic on GameFAQ but the ONLY person who replied was that kind of person.. that just frustrates me.. >_<
And No, I CAN'T make AR codes..(I don't know coding for now..) or else I wouldn't be asking..

Please help.. sorry :(

metasplode
Member Avatar
Newb
I know it's been a month, but were you able to get past that part since then? I saw a walkthrough suggest rapidly hitting the arrows in a circular pattern.

If that doesn't work: Do you have the ability to dump and upload your save file (maybe by using an Action Replay)? If you're desperate, you could give us your save file and let someone play past that part. Then you could download the new save file and continue from there. The minigame happens 3 times so you might miss out on some dialogue, but that's what YouTube videos are for.
Spoiler: click to toggle

nightshroud96
No Avatar
metasplode
Aug 25 2016, 11:16 PM
I know it's been a month, but were you able to get past that part since then? I saw a walkthrough suggest rapidly hitting the arrows in a circular pattern.

If that doesn't work: Do you have the ability to dump and upload your save file (maybe by using an Action Replay)? If you're desperate, you could give us your save file and let someone play past that part. Then you could download the new save file and continue from there. The minigame happens 3 times so you might miss out on some dialogue, but that's what YouTube videos are for.
No, I was busy playing SF 2 and SF 3 while waiting...

Is there a way to do that?

Also the way I move and my wireless mouse and what room I have would make it too hard..
Edited by nightshroud96, Aug 28 2016, 01:47 PM.

metasplode
Member Avatar
Newb
Oh, you must be using an emulator then. (Correct me if I'm mistaken.) Man, a mouse would make this section a lot more difficult, wouldn't it. But good news, exporting your save is a lot easier this way.

Alright, three questions for you.

• What emulator are you using? (such as Desmume or No$GBA)
  • Which OS is it running on: Windows, Mac, Linux, etc?
  • What version of Star Force are you playing? (Both title and country, e.g. "Pegasus U.S. version" or "Leo European version". Remember the U.S. version is English only, European lets you choose from 5 languages.)

nightshroud96
No Avatar
metasplode
Aug 30 2016, 02:24 PM
Oh, you must be using an emulator then. (Correct me if I'm mistaken.) Man, a mouse would make this section a lot more difficult, wouldn't it. But good news, exporting your save is a lot easier this way.

Alright, three questions for you.

• What emulator are you using? (such as Desmume or No$GBA)
  • Which OS is it running on: Windows, Mac, Linux, etc?
  • What version of Star Force are you playing? (Both title and country, e.g. "Pegasus U.S. version" or "Leo European version". Remember the U.S. version is English only, European lets you choose from 5 languages.)
I am using No$GBA
I running on Windows 10
I am playing Dragon U.S. Version

(Using touch pad that Laptops have is worse than using wireless(worse if not wireless) mouse)

metasplode
Member Avatar
Newb
Alright, so if you want to upload your save file here:

• If you haven't already, save your game where you want to be, then quit No$GBA so the save file is up-to-date.
  • Then inside the No$GBA folder should be a folder called Battery, and inside that are all your save files. (If you see other folders inside Battery, just ignore them.)
  • Your save file will have the same name as the game but end in .sav, unless Windows is hiding the .sav extension. Either way, take that file and upload it to mediafire or something, then post the link here.

nightshroud96
No Avatar
metasplode
Sep 1 2016, 05:42 PM
Alright, so if you want to upload your save file here:

• If you haven't already, save your game where you want to be, then quit No$GBA so the save file is up-to-date.
  • Then inside the No$GBA folder should be a folder called Battery, and inside that are all your save files. (If you see other folders inside Battery, just ignore them.)
  • Your save file will have the same name as the game but end in .sav, unless Windows is hiding the .sav extension. Either way, take that file and upload it to mediafire or something, then post the link here.
How do I upload it to mediafire?

metasplode
Member Avatar
Newb
Wait, forget MediaFire... I found a better site. But before I go on, would slowing down the game help you get past that minigame? Some forum posts say you can slow down No$GBA if you go Options > Emulation tab and set Emulation Speed to "Unlimited MHz Disaster, 100%," or you can try other options in the list.

Anyway, if that doesn't work, or if you just want to upload your save file:
  • Go to http://www.tinyupload.com
  • Click the "Browse..." button and choose your save file.
  • Click the green "Upload" button. A new window should pop up. (If your browser blocks the pop-up window, you'll have to tell your browser to allow it, and you may have to start over.)
  • Wait until the pop-up window says it's finished. Now the original TinyUpload.com window (where you chose your save file) should have a download link that you can copy and paste here.

nightshroud96
No Avatar
metasplode
Sep 3 2016, 10:08 PM
Wait, forget MediaFire... I found a better site. But before I go on, would slowing down the game help you get past that minigame? Some forum posts say you can slow down No$GBA if you go Options > Emulation tab and set Emulation Speed to "Unlimited MHz Disaster, 100%," or you can try other options in the list.

Anyway, if that doesn't work, or if you just want to upload your save file:
  • Go to http://www.tinyupload.com
  • Click the "Browse..." button and choose your save file.
  • Click the green "Upload" button. A new window should pop up. (If your browser blocks the pop-up window, you'll have to tell your browser to allow it, and you may have to start over.)
  • Wait until the pop-up window says it's finished. Now the original TinyUpload.com window (where you chose your save file) should have a download link that you can copy and paste here.
I am not sure about slowing down since it might slow down how the game "registers" each click on the touchpad...

If I upload the file, somebody promise me they will stop as soon as they get past the third mini-game..
Also a challenge, no getting a rank 4 or below in EM Virus battles or else reset to last save if you do get a rank 4 against a EM Virus

I have the habit of resetting to last save if I get a rank 4 or below in EM Virus battles...

metasplode
Member Avatar
Newb
Is it okay with you if I just disable random battles (with AR codes) until I'm done with the minigames? If not, I can do what you requested, no getting rank 4 or below. And yes I'll stop as soon as I finish the 3rd minigame, don't worry :D

I'll pick up a couple Blue Mystery item boxes too if you want, just the ones I see along the way so you don't have to backtrack.

nightshroud96
No Avatar
metasplode
Sep 4 2016, 10:21 PM
Is it okay with you if I just disable random battles (with AR codes) until I'm done with the minigames? If not, I can do what you requested, no getting rank 4 or below. And yes I'll stop as soon as I finish the 3rd minigame, don't worry :D

I'll pick up a couple Blue Mystery item boxes too if you want, just the ones I see along the way so you don't have to backtrack.
I think AR codes are allowed..

Would you tell me what do the Mystery Waves have?

metasplode
Member Avatar
Newb
200 Zennys and a Search Eye according to my walkthrough.

nightshroud96
No Avatar
metasplode
Sep 5 2016, 05:52 PM
200 Zennys and a Search Eye according to my walkthrough.
Do you think you can do the mini-games without being hit by the notes..?

metasplode
Member Avatar
Newb
Yep, I've beaten the game before (Pegasus version :D ), and if everything goes according to plan I'll be doing this on an actual Nintendo DS instead of an emulator.

nightshroud96
No Avatar
metasplode
Sep 6 2016, 04:26 PM
Yep, I've beaten the game before (Pegasus version :D ), and if everything goes according to plan I'll be doing this on an actual Nintendo DS instead of an emulator.
How will you do that..?

What should I do after I upload the file?

metasplode
Member Avatar
Newb
Quote:

How will you do that..?

After you upload your save file, I'll download it when I have time. I have a DS flash cart, so I'll load your save onto my flash cart and play past those minigames. I'll save the game, and then I'll upload the new save file and post the link here.

Quote:

Just sit tight for a while until I post the new save file.

When I post the new save, I'll tell you what to do... actually, I could just tell you now if you're curious.
Quote:

• First of all, close No$GBA if you haven't already.
  • Open your No$GBA/Battery folder, the same folder I mentioned before. Find your Star Force save file and make a copy of it. Just copy and paste is fine.
  • Go ahead and download my save file. Then move it into the No$GBA/Battery folder, replacing the old save file.
  • Start up No$GBA

nightshroud96
No Avatar
metasplode
Sep 7 2016, 05:34 PM
Quote:

How will you do that..?

After you upload your save file, I'll download it when I have time. I have a DS flash cart, so I'll load your save onto my flash cart and play past those minigames. I'll save the game, and then I'll upload the new save file and post the link here.

Quote:

When I post the new save, I'll tell you what to do... actually, I could just tell you now if you're curious.
Quote:

• Open your No$GBA/Battery folder, the same folder I mentioned before. Find your Star Force save file and make a copy of it. Just copy and paste is fine.
  • Go ahead and download my save file. Then move it into the No$GBA/Battery folder, replacing the old save file.
  • Start up No$GBA
Should I post the link here after I upload the file?

nightshroud96
No Avatar
nightshroud96
Sep 8 2016, 01:17 PM
metasplode
Quote:

How will you do that..?

Quote:

Quote:

• Start up No$GBA
Should I post the link here after I upload the file?
We are talking about my save file, right?

Maybe post via PM?

nightshroud96
No Avatar
metasplode
Quote:

How will you do that..?

Quote:

Quote:

• Start up No$GBA
Hello..?

I PMed you the link to the file
Did you get it..?

metasplode
Member Avatar
Newb
nightshroud96
Sep 9 2016, 11:55 AM
I PMed you the link to the file
Did you get it..?
Yes, and it's working! Sorry for not responding earlier. There's been an awful heat wave going through here the past few days, and it totally exhausted me and put me out of sorts. It's over now, thankfully. Anyway I'm already past the first minigame, give me a sec and I'll be back.

Edit: And done. I have replied to your PM with the link to the new save. I dropped you off right after the last minigame, and you'll be facing in the direction you should go next.

I posted the instructions already, but it's kind of getting crowded up there, so here they are again.
  1. First of all, close No$GBA if you haven't already.
  2. Open your No$GBA/Battery folder, the same folder I mentioned before. Find your Star Force save file and make a copy of it. Just copy and paste is fine.
  3. Go ahead and download my save file. Then move it into the No$GBA/Battery folder, replacing the old save file.
  4. Start up No$GBA and see if the save loads correctly.
Step 2 is for backing up your old save, just in case the one I sent you doesn't work. Why wouldn't it work, you wonder? Well... I had to use a save converter to turn your save into something my DS can read, and then I used it again to turn it back into No$GBA format. If you can't get it working, it might be the save converter's fault, so let me know and we'll figure something out. Good luck!

Edit 2:
The parts you skipped are just the minigames and a minor cutscene IIRC. This video shows those parts if you're interested: https://youtu.be/DWm9iU_eZO0
Edited by metasplode, Sep 10 2016, 12:20 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Star Force · Next Topic »