Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
MegaMan Battle Network : Project Genesis; We are a relatively new Fangame design group. Any new information or anything really will be put up here.
Topic Started: Jun 5 2016, 07:06 PM (6,743 Views)
Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Welcome to our Topic! We'll just be posting our updates, demos, screenshots, and just general goodies here. Any questions are more than welcome.

We post updates and activities on the Google Plus Community that so graciously hosts us, 'Mega Man', the largest MegaMan community on G+.

We hope you can like the finished product of MegaMan Battle Network Project Genesis. It takes place 2 years after 6, and follows the mysteries of MegaMan, Omega, and over a dozen new characters. we hope to have tons of content, hours of gameplay, and great media in general, and so we'll start y'all off with a nice picture set!

Edited by Team Genesis, Jan 12 2017, 08:49 PM.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
This post no longer exists.
Edited by Team Genesis, Jul 25 2016, 11:49 PM.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Another update, this time with the first engine demo. Once the engine is complete, the game will begin story production, as well as baller side goodies. Tournaments, Online Combat and even Internet Over-worlds, and a ton of Crosses and Souls. We haven't decided whether or not to have all of them, but I personally hope it goes through. We are continuing to look through epic and unique features, designed to be added into the game periodically. Buuuuuut, we are a long way from that point, and currently at about 6% completion of the framework. But because we know that there have been a few page frequenters, you're probably waiting for something of substance. So, we got the goods. The meat of this post, is that Demo 1 is out, only available for download here at TREZ or at any point deemed appropriate by Zenith. It's on his channel along with some vids if you wanna see that.

Spoiler: click to toggle

and some vids.

A lot of the sprites are placeholders, such as roll's mugshot.
"As head of graphics, I'm trying to procrastinate less on that. Emphasis on trying." - Kool

Lan:
Posted Image

Chaud Blaze, in progress.

Posted Image

Thats all for this update. Huzzah.

- Team Genesis
Edited by Team Genesis, Sep 9 2016, 11:43 AM.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
This post has been removed.
Edited by Team Genesis, Jan 12 2017, 08:50 PM.
Posted Image

hampthecoolest
No Avatar
Newb
I like the the animation with Lan; it's a nice touch!

Shadow ZX
Member Avatar
Newb
It's refreshing to see a new fan project in motion and even more refreshing to see that you've got a working overworld & PET menu. However it seems that you require some help on the graphics front, these mugshots need a lot of work and your project logo seems a bit sloppy. The mugshot for lan is actually drawn well, but it and the others are not shaded in the correct style of the battle network games. I mean no disrespect by this, I'm just telling you what I see here. The new PET design looks tight though and I like that you all went for a translucent textbox design. Let me know if you need anything, as I believe I could be helpful on the design & spriting front. :D
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Edited by Team Genesis, Jan 12 2017, 08:51 PM.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
hampthecoolest
Jul 6 2016, 02:45 AM
I like the the animation with Lan; it's a nice touch!

Thanks! I made her myself!
Edited by Team Genesis, Jul 25 2016, 11:40 PM.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Another update! Once again, we have a post. The battle system just had an enormous revamp, and while there isn't footage of the new compiled engine yet, we would like to take a moment to appreciate the Team members who spend their time revamping sprites, writing code, and structuring blog posts. without further ado, please get to the know the current roster of Team Genesis -

Zenith

Team Leader/Founder, Product Refurbishment, Bugfixes, Sprite Handling

Ace

Senior Programmer, Resident Hentai Expert

Ultlolwut

Revision

Spooky

Programmer

Shadow

Head of Graphics, Spriter

Edited by Team Genesis, Jan 12 2017, 08:51 PM.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Edited by Team Genesis, Jan 12 2017, 08:52 PM.
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

I feel like one should be concerned that your "senior programmer" is also the hentai expert... Where did gamedev go so wrong... Was it hours of work on hyperdimension neptunia?
Anyway Unity is the master engine. Anyone telling you otherwise is either a dedicated Valve fan or graphics-obsessed Unreal freak. Or maybe 100% newb trying really hard on gamemaker or whatever they call it.
Good luck on this, you seem to be progressing better than some other peoples' attempts at bn games.

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Edited by Team Genesis, Jan 12 2017, 08:53 PM.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Edited by Team Genesis, Jan 12 2017, 08:52 PM.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Edited by Team Genesis, Jan 12 2017, 08:53 PM.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
We're on Twitter now!

This post originally linked to our own separate youtube channel, but because most of the people looking for updates check Zenith's instead, we've decided to move new teaser videos and such to that: Zenith Serene on Youtube
Edited by Team Genesis, Aug 27 2016, 07:37 PM.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Posted Image

One of our spare logos. Despite its sexy resolution, it did not beat out our Hexagon one.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Hey! Kool here. I hope y'all noticed the brand spanking new logo and promo pic we got up for you! Also, more music is on the channel, so check that out!
All of that was done by Shadow, big hand to him!
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Come download the demo here!
~~ Zenith (Leader, Spriter, Programmer, Professional Game Breaker)
Edited by Team Genesis, Jul 25 2016, 11:49 PM.
Posted Image

Team Genesis
Member Avatar
Here is an image on what we have been working on recently. Gonna bring this bad boy back, but with a few changes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Accelerator
Member Avatar
TREZian
Looks fairly good so far, keep up the good work guys.
I'll try the demo out when I get the chance, really need some more Megaman in my life lmao.
Not dead yet. Focus on the "yet".
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Battle Network · Next Topic »