Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hunter x Hunter
Topic Started: Feb 24 2012, 05:08 AM (1,020 Views)
Nemomon
Member Avatar
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Lately there is running in TV a remake of this series, original is from 1999. Anyone here watching it or the old series?
Posted Image Posted Image

Jin
Member Avatar
TREZian
I loved that anime. I re-watched some of its episodes many times, but I couldn't finish it, because not all episodes were translated. So, I had to watch it in another language. Anyway, the end was a bit blurry. I expected more events after that. If I remember too well, he (Gon or whatever his name is spelled like) moved to a forest where there was a guy behind a tree (his dad), and it finished like that. I'm not sure if that was really the end. I didn't even know there is a remake. I'll gladly watch it if I found it.
Edited by Jin, Feb 24 2012, 11:09 AM.

Nemomon
Member Avatar

Constant
Feb 24 2012, 11:08 AM
I loved that anime. I re-watched some of its episodes many times, but I couldn't finish it, because not all episodes were translated. So, I had to watch it in another language. Anyway, the end was a bit blurry. I expected more events after that. If I remember too well, he (Gon or whatever his name is spelled like) moved to a forest where there was a guy behind a tree (his dad), and it finished like that. I'm not sure if that was really the end. I didn't even know there is a remake. I'll gladly watch it if I found it.
Yes, anime is great. I lately have seen all of its episodes and OVAs in English. Maybe You would want to check its availability again.

Anyway, I think the ending was good. Anime was following the manga, and sooner or later they would be in the same time, this is why anime finished after the Greed Island arc. And I am sure You would agree that it ended in a happy moment - Gon through that 92 episodes tried to find his father, and finally he found him.

Spoiler:
At least in the anime. In the manga that guy with a rod was not his father, but Kite - the guy from the first episode who gave to Gon his father's hunter license.

What was Your favorite arc? I think the darky Phantom Troupe arc was the best. I don't know why, maybe because of the rain, a few times I though that I am watching Cowboy Bebop... Greed Island arc also was great.

Double Beast
Member Avatar
TREZian
I have recently watched HxH and it became one of my favourites.As for my favourite arc I would choose the greed island one.I liked the cards system,not to mention that Gon and Killua became stronger which means better action fights and for some reason I liked the ending the best.I really like how the awesome story can go on and on forever and that it's hard to predict what will happen next which makes this anime my favourite(for the time being).

As for the new one I don't like it much because it seems a bit dull compared to the old one(I don't really mind as it is just a reboot).
Edited by Double Beast, Feb 24 2012, 02:13 PM.

Jin
Member Avatar
TREZian
I liked the part when they were having the tests. How they met each other, and gained experience all through the tests. Also, each test had like a whole different mini-story, which makes it fun to watch. However, the whole anime was fun, and talking about this makes me want to re-watch it again.

Nemomon
Member Avatar

I think Double Beast, You should start to like the new HxH series. There is a high chance that it will go further than the anime from 1999. Maybe even it will feature some additional content, for example like in previous series that mini-story where exam participants were forced to work together in order of escaping the island with treasures (and where Kurapika told to Leorio his clan history). Indeed however all three arcs were great. I would put them in this order: Ryodan arc --> Greed Island arc --> Exam arc --> Killua's family arc.

What about the characters? ;>

Jin
Member Avatar
TREZian
Killua was pretty cool I guess. He was funny and skilled, the "surprising-character", looking for true friends while his family only knows enemies. And he was too cold and calm, until his hand becomes sharp and scary o_o. I remember some days when I was trying to imitate his hand Lol.

Then Gon'd come, the one "who changed everyone's life", he was funny too of course, and all that stuff that I don't remember and too lazy to state.

Anyway, for the main four characters, I'd go like this: Killua -> Gon -> Kurapika -> The doctor that I don't remember his name (I always forget his name :/).
Edited by Jin, Feb 25 2012, 07:15 AM.

Nemomon
Member Avatar

For me it will be Kurapika. He is a tragic character, so much serious, who sometimes had a chance to experience the taste of the fail xD

Killua is good too. He has two personalities within him. One of them is just a kid, the other one is assassin. He don't want to be an assassin, yet he don't hesitate to kill or at least to show how strong he is.

Gon is so innocent. It was a funny moment in Greed Island arc, when Hisoka joined the party, when Gon tried to see Hisoka's book. Then Killua said to himself in his mind that Hisoka even for a second won't think that Gon may want to cheat him and see if he has Ryodan members in it.

Funny also was Gon's father. "To be honest I don't want to see you". Or at the beginnning of Greed Island - "If you came here to see me, then I must say that I am not here".

I wonder why You never cared to remember Leorio's name. Maybe because he was an annoying character? :r

Jin
Member Avatar
TREZian
Nemomon
Feb 25 2012, 08:03 AM
I wonder why You never cared to remember Leorio's name. Maybe because he was an annoying character? :r
That's quite the reason xD, even though he was pretty helpful while Gon and Killua were trying to gain money. He's an experienced character, but with so many fail moments.

Nemomon
Member Avatar

After all he wanted to get the hunter license to gain the money xD

Jin
Member Avatar
TREZian
But he has a noble goal too; becoming a good doctor :p . Or is it just for fame? xD

Nemomon
Member Avatar

Nah, his friend died and he was unable to help him. That's why he decided to be a doctor. But knowing how he tried to complete the hunter's paper exam (million of cheat papers anywhere xD) I doubt he would be a good doctor.

Jin
Member Avatar
TREZian
Nemomon
Feb 25 2012, 08:57 AM
But knowing how he tried to complete the hunter's paper exam (million of cheat papers anywhere xD)
That part made me cry of laughter X'D and I'm still laughing at it after all those years.
Edited by Jin, Feb 25 2012, 09:07 AM.

Nemomon
Member Avatar

Do You remember the sushi exam? "I'm same bad as Leorio" Gon said. :D

Double Beast
Member Avatar
TREZian
Nemomon
Feb 25 2012, 06:29 AM
I think Double Beast, You should start to like the new HxH series.There is a high chance that it will go further than the anime from 1999

Actually,I already started watching it.The last episode I watched was the beginning of Killua's family arc(There some things that I don't like,but I'll let it slide in the reboot episodes).

Nemomon
There is a high chance that it will go further than the anime from 1999
Yeah,I know.Actually I can't wait to see the "Chimera ants arc" in the anime.(It was only in the manga)

Nemomon
Indeed however all three arcs were great. I would put them in this order: Ryodan arc --> Greed Island arc --> Exam arc --> Killua's family arc.

My rating is pretty similar: Greed Island arc -->Ryodan arc --> Exam arc --> Killua's family arc.

Nemomon
What about the characters? ;>

Well,I currently have no particular "favourite character",but I will stick to this rating: Killua -->Gon-->Hisoka -->Kurapica.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV/Anime Chatter · Next Topic »

Skin by Fission

eXTReMe Tracker