Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Stop ACTA, SOPA and PIPA!
Topic Started: Dec 29 2011, 09:34 PM (3,103 Views)
Aizirk Mayune
Member Avatar
Nano Nano

My only comment: "I want to assassinate Lamar Smith"

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Doom
Member Avatar
Dedicated Member
Megaboy08
Jan 23 2012, 06:54 PM
Soon those government agencies/politicians will realize the huge mistakes they made. I can't stop laughing at how blind these idiots are.

Oh and they just started a war with Anonymous, and this is their territory.
I actually view this as a genius move. Not because of what it could be used for against copyright infringement, but against just about everything else.

This bill requires ISP providers to essentially monitor and record all of your activity on the web. Every byte of data you view, upload, download they will look over.

Now think about that. While ISPs may be forced to take away internet service for copyright infringment, if they see other fishy stuff going on they may report it as well. Hell I wouldn't put it past certain countries to look at said records for the sake of security(you already know which ones). And those records can serve as viable evidence in a courtroom. Start putting the pieces together and you'll see what I'm getting at.

It's so freaking genius ._. And here I thought they were just being dumbasses.

Viper
Member Avatar
Calamity Burst!
But its invasion of privacy. D:

ThyGamePlaya
Member Avatar
Fortune Fairy Reader
Anonymous are gonna have so much fun with ACTA. :O
Posted Image
Made by PreacherDudeRox. It looks AWE-SOME and DAZZ-LING!
(:l)O< <- That guy is ossim.

Dregs
Member Avatar
Forgive me if i get too shy but maybe you're the reason why I love you.
I think they should team with up Lulzsec and wreck some shizzle for the nizzle :3

Posted Image

Dramz
No Avatar
Spastic Colon

Valor
Jan 23 2012, 04:06 PM
Megaupload was perfectly fine before the FBI started going under peoples noses and closing down sites.

Really? That's pretty much saying "Our illegal drug stash was perfectly dine before the police raided it."
I mean there were some vegetables, and wooden planks in there that were perfectly legal in every way.

Since when was Megaupload a legit site? Sure, people used it to innocently upload their files, but it was also one of the largest sites to download copyrighted videos and programs, and I can guarantee that you've likely watched your fair share of copyrighted videos on megavideo, and raged at their 72 minute timer. Similar story for sites like rapidshare, 4shared, and others in that list MaxRock posted.

Forcing sites to check for copyrighted material, and get rid of it is perfectly legal. We may not like it, but you don't have to like every law.
Unlike SOPA, PIPA, ACTA, and any other bills the politicians and corporations are going to put out there, forcing sites like this to cleanse themselves of illegal files and programs will NOT do anything related to the negatives of these bills, and I argue that the government is perfectly justified in doing so.

Focus on these censorship bills, not the government legally attempting to fight piracy.
Edited by Dramz, Jan 25 2012, 12:08 AM.

Agro
No Avatar
Programmer!

Marina: If you were in the US and the government found that, they would prosecute you. :P

Aizirk Mayune
Member Avatar
Nano Nano

^ Lol. So what? It's not like I care for any of the bills they have anyway. Well, except for the internet freedom.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Viper
Member Avatar
Calamity Burst!
stop new world order! nowwwwwwwwwwww

DragonLord
Member Avatar
TREZian
Valor
Jan 23 2012, 04:06 PM
MaxRock
Jan 23 2012, 01:03 PM
Sopa didn't pass.. so why is this happenning? ._.

MegaUpload - Closed.
FileServe - Closing does not sell premium.
FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..
FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
VideoBB - Closed! would disappear soon.
Uploaded - Banned U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
FilePost - Deleting all material (so will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
Videoz - closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI
Org torrent - could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
Koshiki - operating 100% Japan will not join the SOUP / PIPA
Shienko Box - 100% working china / korea will not join the SOUP / PIPA
ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOUP / PIPA
Dude what the fuck ! If sopa did not pass why the heck are they targeting all the file sharing sites! Megaupload was perfectly fine before the FBI started going under peoples noses and closing down sites.

The Internet is not a toy set, it's a priceless jewel that shouldn't be tampered with in the wrong hands.

I agree with you partly, although after doing some research, I found that MegaUpload was not arrested for being in violation of SOPA and PIPA. I read something about MegaUpload being involved with money laundering and also credit card fraud. I think that SOPA brought awareness to the FBI. I'm not saying I'm oppsosed to MegaUpload or anything like that though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · News & Site Updates · Next Topic »

Skin by Fission

eXTReMe Tracker