Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Best DB Universe Saga?; In DB, DBZ, and DBGT.
Topic Started: Dec 10 2011, 04:50 PM (1,029 Views)
Xenntar
No Avatar
Dedicated Member
I have seen everything in the Dragon Ball through GT series, but I wonder if anyone of you liked a certain saga from the anime, I liked three from Dragon Ball Z anime: the Android, Cell, and Buu Saga, but only few from Dragon Ball GT series and that was when there are two android 17's, then they fused to be Super 17, and also where Goku was fighting the evil from the dragon balls after they made too many wishes.
Posted Image

Hellz
No Avatar
Dedicated Member
I've never watched DB or DBGT. I've only watched DBZ. GT just looks corrupted and DB I have no interest in. Anyway, I liked the Cell saga from Dragonball Z. That saga was really awesome. Much better than the Buu saga in my opinion.
Edited by Hellz, Dec 10 2011, 04:58 PM.
Posted Image

Herobrine
Member Avatar
Dedicated Member
The Cell saga and Frieza saga are my favorites. I really loved that episode when Goku is powering up the spirit bomb in the frieza saga.
Posted Image

Nemomon
Member Avatar
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

I have seen all the Dragon Ball episodes. I don't know why but I really liked the Grand Tour series, especially that "corrupted" dragons.
Posted Image Posted Image

UltimateDarkloid
No Avatar
Newb
Best ones imo were all the ones in DBZ/DBK but if I must choose, I must say the battles with Freiza and Buu were particularly insane. Especially god damn Buu.

ShadowSlasherZ
No Avatar
GT was average. I used to think it was good and then I rewatched it and realised just how badly written it was. There were a couple of good moments, such as SSJ4 Gogeta's pranks and Goku punching Super 17 halfway across the world (whilst in his child body), but the series just doesn't work IMO.

My favourite saga is the Android/Cell saga because it was the point at which Gohan surpassed Goku, and Vegeta finally acknowledged he wasn't the strongest in the universe simply because he was royalty. It was also the last time Piccolo was allowed to do anything worthwhile before being relegated to the position of useless overseer. The Buu saga wasn't supposed to happen but was a result of executive meddling. It was good, but I hated the way everyone was relegated back to secondary character status so Goku could become the centre of attention again.

However, I still think Dragon Ball had the best storyline out of the three "groups" because it was the most story-driven series out of the lot. DBZ focused on over the top and awesome battles, whilst GT was an attempt to continue the franchise for as long as possible.
Posted Image

Shadic
Member Avatar
TREZian
i'd say buu saga for me as buu keeps changing and getting stronger and could've destroyed every universe if not stopped
Posted Image[/url] Posted Image Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

Midnite
Member Avatar
Moderpator

ShadowSlasherZ
Dec 22 2011, 09:10 AM
GT was average. I used to think it was good and then I rewatched it and realised just how badly written it was. There were a couple of good moments, such as SSJ4 Gogeta's pranks and Goku punching Super 17 halfway across the world (whilst in his child body), but the series just doesn't work IMO.
I agree with all of your opinions but I have to admit that Shadow Dragons coming out as consequences of the DragonBalls was very interesting. The story written out turned out to a flop though xD

I heard that the whole Buu Saga not happening thing was a false rumor and Toriyama just kept going and did whatever he wanted. Which is pretty evident from the stuff that happened in Buu haha.
Edited by Midnite, Dec 22 2011, 01:16 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

MelmanOfDaSouthh
Member Avatar
TREZian
Can't say I have a favorite. Dragonball was basically a hentai in the Pilaf Saga. Then in the Budokai (World Tournament Saga) it was sort of interesting way of describing battle rather than power levels LOL,if you compare the DBZ Budokai with the DB one the DBZ one is like a parody to the DB one since they are all too strong.) I never got done with the Red Ribbon or King Piccolo Saga. As for DBZ it is pretty good, but at the same time they are just fighting alien after alien,best part about it was how the main characters related to another. DBGT um Boom Par Par? XD
Click Me!
Posted Image

BassRock
Member Avatar
I think dbz was great and gt... ehhhh. I've never watched the original.

Colonel X
No Avatar
Buu Saga FTW!

DarkZeroRV
Member Avatar
The Cell Saga And Majiin Buu Saga!

My YT Channel click here's

DragonLord
Member Avatar
TREZian
Have to say my favourites would be Cell Games Saga, and the Fusion Saga.
My YouTube

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · TV/Anime Chatter · Next Topic »

Skin by Fission

eXTReMe Tracker