Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Proposed Home Page Redesign
Topic Started: Dec 10 2011, 04:06 PM (1,505 Views)
Agro
No Avatar
Programmer!

But where exactly is the need for flash...

PreacherDudeRox
Member Avatar
Twitter: @PreacherDudeRox

The only need was for the Legacy box; but apparently html 5 works too.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Legacy.

MegaRockEXE
Member Avatar
BN Guides Author

The reason you see so much empty space is because it's a display for a roughly a 1920x1200 display. No proper website would ever aim to fill all that space. Analysis of screen resolution says it should probably be that width.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spyman exe
Member Avatar
yeah
Oh, I forgot to zoom in. But even still, the spaces between the boxes is pretty big. The rooms for the two news boxes could be bigger.
Try viewing this text using Light TREZPosted ImageTry viewing this text using Dark TREZ
SPRITES-MORE SPRITES-GRAPHICS-Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageMS Paint Sprite Tutorial
Posted Image
All Avatars Always 100% Custom.

PreacherDudeRox
Member Avatar
Twitter: @PreacherDudeRox

Some things to note:
Where would Affiliates go?
Where would Release Dates go?
Where would Official Links go?
Where would the Game Guides/modding Guides go?

Not saying we need all these things; just questioning if they should exist, and if they should, where?
Edited by PreacherDudeRox, Dec 11 2011, 06:15 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Legacy.

Spyman exe
Member Avatar
yeah
1)On the Bottom?(Dark Bar)
2)Probably make a new box
3)Probably make a new box
4)I don't know, maybe the button that says guides :D

It would be nice to have these.
Edited by Spyman exe, Dec 11 2011, 06:19 PM.
Try viewing this text using Light TREZPosted ImageTry viewing this text using Dark TREZ
SPRITES-MORE SPRITES-GRAPHICS-Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageMS Paint Sprite Tutorial
Posted Image
All Avatars Always 100% Custom.

MegaRockEXE
Member Avatar
BN Guides Author

Actually, I forgot about official links and that was supposed to be the third column at the bottom. That's also where affiliates goes now. Release dates, if there will even be any more could be a pop-out tab towards the top of the page.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

timaeus222
Member Avatar
The Tech Guy
SandaXFire34
Dec 10 2011, 06:35 PM
You want an honest opinion? Well, the site format makes it look like a news website even though you're not going for that. And if it's going to be appealing, new content always has to be added to it instead of the same old, same old. You could also make an animated background that looks like a network that sends signals all over the place. Also, there was a term in Flash were if you put the mouse over a button, you could get a reaction out of it. I forgot but you could do that.

All in all, good but it still has room for more improvement.
Yeah, it's called onMouseOver, but I'd rather not use Flash when designing the site. I'm up for doing it, but I just need MegaRock's input.
~Timaeus~
Web Designer, Music Composer

"There's so much water under the bridge that the bridge is gone." ~ DarkeSword of OC ReMix

My Technical Services || MPCR Home Page || My Best Game Mods || FL Studio Videos || My Guides || My Challenges || My YouTube
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News & Site Updates · Next Topic »

Skin by Fission

eXTReMe Tracker