Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Proposed Home Page Redesign
Topic Started: Dec 10 2011, 04:06 PM (1,502 Views)
MegaRockEXE
Member Avatar
BN Guides Author

TREZians, this is important! I just finished designing and creating a mockup for the new TREZ home page layout.
http://i.imgur.com/E6RSk.jpg
I feel like the current home page design is cluttered, too dark, and forgettable. This new design aims to make the home page more appealing and focusing on our content and the site's legacy rather than a news source. Focus is also on ease-of-use and getting people to utilize the site more efficiently.

Before moving on to getting the page coded, it is absolutely important that our forum members give feedback on the new design, and to be critical on the design. I urge everyone to speak up and voice their opinion. I hope to have the site launched sometime in early 2012 and earlier if possible.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: TREZ_2012_layout.png (1.28 MB)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nemomon
Member Avatar
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Peronally I think we should do something with this:
http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_Rockman_EXE_Zone/site/
Posted Image Posted Image

Megaboy08
Member Avatar

I prefer MRE's design simply because it is more attractive while Nemo's idea just seems a bit too plain.
Posted Image

Nemomon
Member Avatar

The /site/ can be altered. Not just by CSS but also by adding special boxes and separate places where we can add certain stuff likelinks, images &c.

Spyman exe
Member Avatar
yeah
It looks really good, but I think there are some things from the old home page that should be there. A poll, affiliates, the links under media, and release dates.

@Nemo: That can be used as an alternative, MRE's is less-forum-orientated, and more homepage-like.
Edited by Spyman exe, Dec 10 2011, 04:21 PM.
Try viewing this text using Light TREZPosted ImageTry viewing this text using Dark TREZ
SPRITES-MORE SPRITES-GRAPHICS-Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageMS Paint Sprite Tutorial
Posted Image
All Avatars Always 100% Custom.

Hellz
No Avatar
Dedicated Member
Hmm, I really like this layout for the homepage. It looks good and it looks more appealing to the visitors. It's organized as well. Much more organized than the previous homepage. For me, nothing is really wrong with this new layout. It's MUCH better than the other homepage in many ways. Great job, MRE.
Posted Image

Nemomon
Member Avatar

Spyman exe
Dec 10 2011, 04:20 PM
@Nemo: That can be used as an alternative, MRE's is less-forum-orientated, and more homepage-like.
What is my point is not to split into two pieces at different servers &c, but to use the resources we actually have. We can add polls to the /site/, blocks, &c. The one problem with external homepage is, if it will be again abandoned like it was, or maybe finally it will start to live.

PreacherDudeRox
Member Avatar
Twitter: @PreacherDudeRox

That's why the homepage would actually have to BE special enough to attract people.

I'd love to see HP exclusive articles, polls and editorials.
Edited by PreacherDudeRox, Dec 10 2011, 05:14 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Legacy.

MegaRockEXE
Member Avatar
BN Guides Author

Well my intentions was to create a home page which has a feeling separate from the forum. It was mentioned before, but it can't all be on the forum. Besides, the /site the forum offers is not as flexible as I want it to be in order to execute the concept.

The new site still has affiliates, it just doesn't use tiny banners since they've been out of style for quite a while now. Same for polls. Cute for a while, but hardly relevant or necessary. Release dates and such can still be added as a side-tab but it's not the emphasis of the site. As you can see, the focus won't be to create news since there are other, more trustworthy sources.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

PreacherDudeRox
Member Avatar
Twitter: @PreacherDudeRox

What do we plan on presenting on the HP?

Like, for the TREZ News articles.
Edited by PreacherDudeRox, Dec 10 2011, 05:19 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Legacy.

CorruptedValor
No Avatar
This corruption feels good.
This is 100% Attractive, Appealing and HAWT!

I really dig this new design~
Posted Image

Thunder
Member Avatar
TREZian
You want an honest opinion? Well, the site format makes it look like a news website even though you're not going for that. And if it's going to be appealing, new content always has to be added to it instead of the same old, same old. You could also make an animated background that looks like a network that sends signals all over the place. Also, there was a term in Flash were if you put the mouse over a button, you could get a reaction out of it. I forgot but you could do that.

All in all, good but it still has room for more improvement.
Edited by Thunder, Dec 10 2011, 06:35 PM.
Thunder's Main Quotes.

"Humans wear masks. And each and every one is different."

"The truth sets you free but damn does it hurt."

"Bargain with material. Not your soul. You won't recognize it again."

Kirak
Member Avatar
The Explorer
I like MRE's design, Looks more like a homepage to me.
Posted Image

Hellz
No Avatar
Dedicated Member
@SandaXFire34 What new content is there to be added?
and why would you need a animated background just for a homepage? That's useless and unnecessary. The homepage is just there to show all the things that are in the website and other things. There's no need for it to be all fancy and stuff.
Posted Image

Thunder
Member Avatar
TREZian
Ah but the effort is what draws people in does it not? Plus, it gives off a MegaMan vibe to make the site feel like when you join, you're a navi or a reploid or a citizen in the megaman verse. The content adding is just if the mods have anything to address or say so an announcement from 2 months ago doesn't stay on the home page.
Edited by Thunder, Dec 11 2011, 02:43 PM.
Thunder's Main Quotes.

"Humans wear masks. And each and every one is different."

"The truth sets you free but damn does it hurt."

"Bargain with material. Not your soul. You won't recognize it again."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News & Site Updates · Next Topic »

Skin by Fission

eXTReMe Tracker