Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Regarding Thread Revives
Topic Started: Oct 26 2011, 10:30 PM (618 Views)
Saberman
No Avatar
Too many memories.
Recently we've been getting a lot of reports of thread revives. You may have noticed that we're letting most of them slide.

Reason being is, after discussion a while ago between Nemo and I, we as Staff decided that we should keep a few threads open if either

1. The reviving post was a good and worthy one, like the one that recently revived the Anime Bass vs. Manga Bass thread here: http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_Rockman_EXE_Zone/topic/8749590/2/#new

or

2. The revived thread isn't THAT old. A month or two old thread, for example, will be left alone.

Because of the scarce amount of valuable post material these days especially in the Rockman sections, it could even be beneficial as old threads could be revisited by new members/new information.

NOTE that revived threads that are REALLY old, i.e. more than 3 months, as well as ones that were revived by posts that are too short/are spam WILL still be locked.

In short, only report thread revivals that violate either the following:
-Older than 3 months
-spam/crap revival post

Even then, whether the thread will be locked of not is still up to how we judge it.

Thanks for reading.

~Saberman

Dramz
No Avatar
Spastic Colon

B-b-b-but what kind of example is that setting for the ch-ch-children?

Shouldn't this be added to Teh Rules, so it doesn't get buried in the not-so-near future, but more for the sake of organisation?

Kirak
Member Avatar
The Explorer
Okay, Thanks. I'll use these guidelines from now on.
Posted Image

MegaRockEXE
Member Avatar
BN Guides Author

Now that's fair. Hopefully it will be good for the community.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nemomon
Member Avatar
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Dramz
Oct 28 2011, 04:14 AM
Shouldn't this be added to Teh Rules, so it doesn't get buried in the not-so-near future, but more for the sake of organisation?
It do not need to be added to the Rules. Reviving is still reviving. But it is up to Staff if he will lock the thread or not. This topic is just to tell our users why certain topics remain opened even after sending a report that they were revived.
Posted Image Posted Image

Saberman
No Avatar
Too many memories.
One last bump, now that it's finally on Latest News from TREZ.

Inferno.EXE
No Avatar
TREZian
Ohhhh, so it's 3 months. I thought it's 1. So luckily I won't be reported. Unless some idiot decides to play a prank on me. Well joke's on him, because the HE could get in trouble for that.
Anyway, back on topic. Thanks for specifying the rules of reviving, Saberman
TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Saberman
No Avatar
Too many memories.
It USED to be one month, but we changed it around the time I originally posted this thread.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News & Site Updates · Next Topic »

Skin by Fission

eXTReMe Tracker