Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Denemonization
Topic Started: Aug 13 2011, 07:42 AM (1,301 Views)
Nemomon
Member Avatar
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Welcome in the TREZ process of denemonization. This a happy process of taking away nemo's powers.

First of all, I would want to welcome Midnite in our team! He for a long time was our Global Moderator, but without having the title itself. Today he got the title, and now he is a full Global Moderator! Welcome!

The list of things that changed in due time:
  1. All the guides, notes, custom programs &c are visible to all our Members.
  2. Therefore Newb usergroup is killed. Same as Global Moderator, TREZ Queen, Apprentice Programmer. I have tried to keep the very minimum of usergroups. Probably at least one of them will back, because certain users will be whining to other Administration to bring it back. Like always...
  3. Since the Newbs usergroup is killed, The Panel group also is killed.
  4. Along with Staff Applications.
  5. Admin authorization is killed as well. This mean that every user who will register an account will have access to our guides and other stuff without a control.
  6. Username requests in topic are killed as well. Now You can request username changing in Preferences. Still You must use only latin letters and numbers, and very basic punctuation.
  7. All but CLASS BBCodes are removed. This is quite an irony, because when I requested users to provide me suggestions for CLASS BBCode, no one suggested me anything. Yet, it alone survived this cleaning.
  8. Some ZetaBoards BBCodes disappeared from posting page but they are still working. I am suggesting reading TREZ BBCodes topic for more info.
  9. Some other scripts have been removed, such as autolinking words, additional colours.
  10. TREZ YouTube Channel has been added to the footer table.
  11. Some Rules, especially that involved me, have been removed:
    Other Rules

Announcement Rule

Commentary to Guides as well as specific sub-guides are open for Members with at least 10 posts and who has been approved by Nemomon. You must send a PM, if You want be approved.

• Do not spam or revive old threads unless they are pinned and you have something meaningful to say to get your posts! It should take you at least 3 or 4 days before. If you revive, we will warn you and then disable your account if you do it again! So stop spamming!
    • Post more than 1 or 2 words! Meaningful posts are more than 10 words. Like 2 sentences.
    • Accounts will take a few days to upgrade. Nemomon is not a robot, so if it takes a few days to upgrade, please be patient and continue to post.
    • Accounts are approved in batches. After getting few PMs, Nemomon is upgrading them. Nemomon do not upgrade single accounts. As above: Accounts will take a few days to upgrade.
    • Do not bump Your PMs and definitely DO NOT SEND NEXT PM ABOUT UPGRADING. PMs You sent are not missing in action. Nemomon has them, and he will read them, when he will have some free time to put his ass into chair. If You want to ask about something USE ALREADY EXISTING PM THREAD. You might find it in Your Archive PM Folder.
    • In addition, DO NOT SEND PMs TO NEMOMON OR COMMENTS TO HIS PROFILE ABOUT ACCOUNT UPGRADE IN HIS OTHER ACCOUNTS IN THE NET, not YouTube, not Support Board - JUST TREZ!
    • If you spam in the ShoutBox thinking it'll increase your postcount as quite a few users have now, we will ban you from the ShoutBox as well as from the board. The rule is there to keep leechers out, so stop trying to beat the system or we will ban you.
    • Also remember - NEMO IS NOT A ROBOT nor PAID TREZ WORKER, NEMO HAS HIS OWN LIFE! - You may wait even a month, before Your account will be upgraded. In the meantime please continue to post.
    • Finally, please DO NOT CREATE topics, that You sent a PM to Nemo, and he didn't replied nor upgraded Your account. Nemo will read all that PMs, when he will be upgrading next batch of accounts.

Name Change Rules:

• Name changes are proceeded in this topic. Do Not PM Administration with name change request.
    • You may request a name change one per month
    • You need at least 50 posts to request a name change
    • User must post its desired new username using COLOR tag. User's name will be changed to that one inside of [COLOR=*colorname*]new_username[/COLOR] tag
    • Do not request special colour for Your username. Colours are given by Nemomon only when he has a reason for doing that. No one ever will gain coloured name, if will be requesting one.
    • DO NOT bump Your name change requests - Nemo isn't blind, and he has also other things to do. Mostly more important than changing usernames. Be patient.
    • Don't abuse name change requests.
    • Do not request special characters in Your username. Only Latin letters, numbers, and common punctuation are allowed. Also, do not try cheating - Latin letters from different than commonly used coding, such as DEF?are not allowed as well.

In the very end it seems that I was not a dictator at all...
Posted Image Posted Image

Prof. 9
Member Avatar
Moderaptor

Nemomon
Aug 13 2011, 07:42 AM
when I requested users to provide me suggestions for CLASS BBCode, no one suggested me anything.
I gave it some though, but I really couldn't think of anything you couldn't do with Color already.

The posting page sure looks different now. For the better, I think.
:ninja: Follow me on Twitter!
:trap: Fork me on GitHub!
Posted Image

LegendaryCyclone
No Avatar
TREZian
What's the point of all this? To bring in more people and attract attention? But, weren't the guides the "crown jewel" of the site, and supposed to bring people in? And, if all this is being made public, then what will be in it's place as another source of attraction? I was okay with some of this being publicized and some features being removed, but more than thought is being changed...
Edited by LegendaryCyclone, Aug 13 2011, 11:33 PM.

Saberman
No Avatar
Too many memories.
^ They aren't being removed, they're being opened to everyone. Read carefully.

LegendaryCyclone
No Avatar
TREZian
I know, that's what I meant. I'll edit that other post, but still the general question remains unanswered. What'll be the "new"/main attraction aside from that giving a reason new member to get involved here other than obvious reasons...

Saberman
No Avatar
Too many memories.
Don't you think they'll be more popular now that anyone can come in and look at them? The approval thing was a double edged sword. True, it forced members to post a little to get guides, but it also drove away others. Sure, Legacy and other stuff are secondary attractions, but the Guides will always be what TREZ is known for. I wouldn't worry about it.

Besides, like the header says, we're the most active and best Megaman community that's not Unity, TMMN or any other of those huge ass hive mind sites. We should be able to keep it up for a while.
Edited by Saberman, Aug 14 2011, 01:09 AM.

Flonne
Member Avatar
I'm looking for easter eggs, are you?
I have nothing to say. Except for: "Is Nemo retiring from TREZ?"
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Xarizzar
Member Avatar
Computer Scientist(?)
Nemomon
Aug 13 2011, 07:42 AM
In the very end it seems that I was not a dictator at all...
Yes, and like I said it wasn't because you gave up your powers of your own volition.

Anyway, I hope you regret this and come back.
Posted Image
Just saying, I almost never make my own avatars,
I always find them by searching with Google.

If you want to add me(3DS), please message me first.
Signature last updated: 11th October 2013

Shadic
Member Avatar
TREZian
bullcrap! your not supposed to be a dictator but i know from experience and can respect how good a rule enforcer you were
Posted Image[/url] Posted Image Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

MegaRockEXE
Member Avatar
BN Guides Author

Yes, the full post screen looks much nicer now.Kinda sad to see some policies go, but it seems like it's for the better.

Saberman
No Avatar
Too many memories.
Indeed it does, love the Reply screen now. I actually like a lot of the changes.

Saito
Member Avatar
「Omae wo korosu」

Hush all who oppose this. Let this Old Captain retire in peace and dignity. He's done a lot for this site and deserves to move onto a more peaceful life if he wishes.

Flonne
Member Avatar
I'm looking for easter eggs, are you?
DJ Saito
Aug 14 2011, 11:40 PM
Hush all who oppose this. Let this Old Captain retire in peace and dignity. He's done a lot for this site and deserves to move onto a more peaceful life if he wishes.
Amen.

Xarizzar
Member Avatar
Computer Scientist(?)
Flonne
Aug 15 2011, 12:11 AM
DJ Saito
Aug 14 2011, 11:40 PM
Amen.
This.
Posted Image
Just saying, I almost never make my own avatars,
I always find them by searching with Google.

If you want to add me(3DS), please message me first.
Signature last updated: 11th October 2013

Kirak
Member Avatar
The Explorer
Wow, big announcement.. Sounds like it was for the better, though.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News & Site Updates · Next Topic »

Skin by Fission

eXTReMe Tracker