Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
looking for help moding again
Topic Started: Jun 21 2018, 06:51 PM (185 Views)
Nicharrison
Member Avatar
Well Ive wanted to do a major project but I need help with parts I cant do but every time I ask for help i get none.
should I just figure it out my self and then should I just keep it to my self.
I feel as if no one on this site really cares if a new mod or patch gets made by someone they don't know or if that persons hopes or dreams are meet.
I know i have the potential to make the ideas i have but if no one is going to help me and i am left to struggle with the parts i cant do at the moment when i do finish my progect i well feel as thought every one just watch me struggle but they are the same people who will want to play the mod/patch I maid ;Am I right in feeling that way?
Edited by Nicharrison, Jun 21 2018, 07:36 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nicharrison

Well Ive wanted to do a major project but I need help with parts I cant do but every time I ask for help i get none.

Nobody is obligated to support anyone else. Nobody is entitled to support.
Nicharrison

should I just figure it out my self and then should I just keep it to my self.

There are a plethora of resources at your disposal here. Game research, tutorials on various topics, etc. It may not suffice, but if nobody helps, I find that enriching oneself with documentation and experimentation works nicely, boosts self-confidence even.
Nicharrison

I feel as if no one on this site really cares if a new mod or patch gets made by someone they don't know or if that persons hopes or dreams are meet.

Unfortunately, you're one of many with regards to your situation. Several have spoken to the great wall of indifference recently. I'm actually not going to call these circumstances problematic. Also, people are jumping with joy when they find old EXE6 patches as of late.
Nicharrison

I know i have the potential to make the ideas i have but if no one is going to help me and i am left to struggle with the parts i cant do at the moment when i do finish my progect i well feel as thought every one just watch me struggle but they are the same people who will want to play the mod/patch I maid ;Am I right in feeling that way?

If one does make a functional product (unlike me //LMAO... thus far purely by incompetence), yes, people interested in the subject would be willing to try it if he/she decides to publish it despite any misgivings he/she may end up harboring against the community at large.
In any event, I actually have a theory: nobody who's anybody cares much for empty promises and vaporware after years of similar cases, so there's very few prepared to acknowledge any struggles at all. There's still an audience for fanworks, but the set of users willing to contrib / advise has* reached nil.

Then again, what do I know?

//immediately invalidates all of my points above

Nicharrison
Member Avatar
So are you saying to ask after Ive done a large part of the project then ask for help?
What if no helps then am just to give up or just to stop asking?
Also if no one on this site offers to help why have a help section ;Also then why is it called "Discussion & Help" and not just Discussion?

Or are you saying just do it and have every one who plays it not know how hard or painstaking it was to do by myself the very same people who ignored me now.

Also a lot of the thing i want to do i cant find any info for example on making "Tango" ,"Rush" ,and "Beat" work in all battles in MMBN6 or how to make new attacks in MMBN6.
Edited by Nicharrison, Jun 22 2018, 06:17 PM.

TheMeepGuy
Member Avatar
Newb
What exactly is needed? I would love to work with someone on a modding project, I've got plenty of time on my hands & I've done some modding stuff
(mostly just battle hacker and sprite editors)

Nicharrison
Member Avatar
Could you remake a HackJack fight for English version of MMBN6

Prof. 9
Member Avatar
Moderaptor

Let's get a common misconception out of the way: TREZ is not a school. It's not a place to seek tuition, coaching or personal guidance. There are plenty of guides here dealing with all sorts of modding, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to just pick one and try it out.

You are free to ask questions, just like how anyone else is free to answer them or not. Just asking a question does not entitle you to an answer, however. And if you find that no one is willing to answer your questions, you may want to reconsider how you ask your questions in the first place. If you're asking a question that would take more than a few sentences to answer, or would take a significant amount of work on the part of the answerer, you're probably not asking the right question. Alternatively, you may want to demonstrate that you've put in a modicum of effort trying to find the answer yourself. Show the steps you've taken yourself in trying to understand and solve the problem and identify the issues that remain.

Moreover, some things we just don't have a ready-made tutorial for. For example, "how to make new attacks in MMBN6". Though, actually, we do have a number of guides that deal with this. But it's a highly advanced topic and not something that could be covered by a single "zero to hero" guide.

Another example, "how to make Tango, Rush, Beat work in any battle". As far as I'm aware no one has done that yet--so that's basically asking someone to do all the work for you. If you want to make something completely new, then it makes sense you'll have to do some research on your own.

I see a lot of people just asking how to make [very specific feature] or worse, asking other people to make mods for them. But this is the wrong mindset to have. You don't get good at modding by only trying to make the specific things you want to make. The way you get good at modding is to try all sorts of different things, and to broaden your understanding and skillset. And this applies to other forms of creative expression as well. Just pick some guides and see if you can get anywhere with them. And if you can't yet, come back later once you've had some experience with some other guides. Rome wasn't built in a day either.
:ninja: Follow me on Twitter! :trap: Fork me on GitHub!
Posted Image

Nicharrison
Member Avatar
Thanks for noticing and giving your advice and ill try so of the guides and ask for help after i try some new thing but if anyone want to help me they are welcome to help.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Discussion & Help · Next Topic »