Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Sol Trance Django Sprite; It's Sol Trance from Boktai 3 in the MMBN (battle) sprite style!
Topic Started: Apr 10 2018, 07:45 PM (338 Views)
megaguy2222
Member Avatar
TREZian
It really does speak for itself, doesn't it? I tried to go for a shiny color palette. Constructive criticism is welcome. Like with all my sprites, I don't care if you use it as long as you give credit. Oh, and I didn't elongate the scarf because I wanted to emphasize the emblem on Django's chest.

Normal Face
Posted Image

Glowing Face
Posted Image

Reference
Spoiler: click to toggle

EDIT: Apparently Postimage had a domain change. That means I had to update the URLS for the first 2 sprites and reference image.
Edited by megaguy2222, Apr 12 2018, 11:54 AM.
Good people don't need laws to tell them to act responsibly, and bad people will find a way around the laws. -Plato

Posted Image

Thanks to GreyRock.EXE and Vhack for being awesome friends.

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
Uhm. I think the pictures are broken. I could be wrong but all I see is a question mark in a little box
We all want what we never have but when we get it, we lose interest in it shortly after so what's the point of being rich when what makes life a challenge is actually wondering when your next meal will be and when your next paycheck will come in?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Final_Enigma_7
Apr 11 2018, 11:32 AM
Uhm. I think the pictures are broken. I could be wrong but all I see is a question mark in a little box
Posted Image
?
inb4 "that's also a question mark in a little box"
Probably too late, but if it persists you should try force reloading or clearing your browser cache.

I have not looked into enough sprites to know whether this would be how it actually works, but if his face is glowing, would you not recolor his left arm to show some glow reflecting off of it?
If that kind of thing isn't at all a thing done by sprite artists, disregard my ignorance.

megaguy2222
Member Avatar
TREZian
You know what Greyrock? That's a great idea! Thanks!
Good people don't need laws to tell them to act responsibly, and bad people will find a way around the laws. -Plato

Posted Image

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
GreyRock.EXE
Apr 11 2018, 01:27 PM
Final_Enigma_7
Apr 11 2018, 11:32 AM
Posted Image
?
inb4 "that's also a question mark in a little box"
Probably too late, but if it persists you should try force reloading or clearing your browser cache.

I have not looked into enough sprites to know whether this would be how it actually works, but if his face is glowing, would you not recolor his left arm to show some glow reflecting off of it?
If that kind of thing isn't at all a thing done by sprite artists, disregard my ignorance.
Cleared Cache and Safari history and no luck. Thank you though.
We all want what we never have but when we get it, we lose interest in it shortly after so what's the point of being rich when what makes life a challenge is actually wondering when your next meal will be and when your next paycheck will come in?

megaguy2222
Member Avatar
TREZian
Hey Enigma, if the images show up like that, you can right click them and open them in a new tab to see them that way.

Posted Image

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
Posted Image

Didn't work but thats okay. Grey had his screenshot so I can see it. By the way about my signature, I just want to say that I'm not stealing your style or anything. I just like Zero but if you want I can change it.
Edited by Final_Enigma_7, Apr 12 2018, 01:12 PM.

megaguy2222
Member Avatar
TREZian
Sorry, I tried. Also, your signature is AWESOME! That has to be the longest combo in recorded history.

Posted Image

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
Thank you! The .gif is bigger than TREZ will let me use so... XD Its a scrolly thingy.
Edited by Final_Enigma_7, Apr 12 2018, 10:02 AM.

megaguy2222
Member Avatar
TREZian
Here's a sheet of the shooting sprites.
Posted Image
Edited by megaguy2222, Apr 12 2018, 12:01 PM.

Posted Image

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
Looks great! I love it.
Edited by Final_Enigma_7, Apr 12 2018, 01:14 PM.

megaguy2222
Member Avatar
TREZian
Thanks, I'll be starting on the sword sprites soon.

EDIT: Edited so as not to double post. Here are the sword sprites. (The last frame lacks a scarf since Django's scarf in his slashing animation has 2 frames.

Posted Image

And new Idle poses (The names are going to be the same for consistency.)

Glowing Face
Posted Image

Normal Face
Posted Image
Edited by megaguy2222, Apr 12 2018, 04:20 PM.

Posted Image

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
Do you have the sword? Django's sword atleast. (Just curious)
Edited by Final_Enigma_7, Apr 12 2018, 04:58 PM.

megaguy2222
Member Avatar
TREZian
Yeah, the reason the poses are blank is so you can add your own.

Posted Image

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
Oh. I'm ignorant to most of the process of spriting.

megaguy2222
Member Avatar
TREZian
And I didn't provide a sheet of Django's sword because it's literally 4 frames. (Beginning of slash (1 frame), Bringing it upward (1 frame), End of slash (2 frames).

Posted Image

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
Could you tell me the basics of Spriting is PM? Only If you have time and as long as it won't take too much from you. I need to go to bed right now though. It's 9:14 PM where I live.

megaguy2222
Member Avatar
TREZian
OK, I know things have been pretty slow lately, but on the bright side I got a mugshot done.
PD Sol Cross Mugshot By MegaRock.EXE, edited by me.
Posted Image
Part of the reason this took so long is because I've been watching Death Note recently. And playing LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga. And playing back through Boktai 3. And studying for my finals. OK, I'm getting off-topic here.

Posted Image

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
Ohhhh yea. My boy watching Death Note! That mug shot looks pretty by the way. I love it, like everything else you make. It's beyond my spriting abilities. At least from what you taught me. Thank you.

megaguy2222
Member Avatar
TREZian
Yeah, sorry about the lack of lessons recently, I've been kinda busy. Thanks for the compliment. The next lesson will probably be tomorrow.
Anyway, here's a full sheet of the mugshots.
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fanworks · Next Topic »