Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star Translation Project
Topic Started: Feb 22 2018, 09:07 AM (23,915 Views)
Greiga Master
Member Avatar
Admin of the stars, owner of your soul...

The translation is finally here! Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star, translated as MegaMan Battle Network Operate Star Force, is now complete.

There have been other attempts in the past, but this was the one. The goal was to translate the new content such as the Star Force crossover scenario, the new chips, and Star Colosseum, while also porting text from US MegaMan Battle Network 1. Another goal was to fix typos and inconsistencies the original text had with later releases.
Features
  • All text and graphics are in English for Battle Network and Star Colo!
    - Download play client copy of Star Colo is unfortunately still Japanese.
  • Script changes and fixes made in the Japanese version of the game are ported to the English script.
  • Many typos and mistranslations in the original BN1 script are fixed.
  • Original BN1 translation edited to be more consistent with later BN games.
  • Additional localization on various maps.
  • Minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Credits
Translation: Jumi
Editing: Lex, MegaRockEXE, MidniteW, Prof. 9
Programming: Greiga Master
TextPet: Prof. 9
Graphics: MegaRockEXE
Testing: Eurasia_M, Lex, Prof. 9

FAQ
Why isn't the Star Colo client translated?
DS Download Play clients are signed, meaning your DS won't run them if they've been modified.

Why "Operate Star Force" and not "Operation Star Force"?
The title references you being able to Operate (Mega Man) Star Force. It's not an operation.

Isn't it Star Force Mega Man and not Mega Man Star Force?
In the games, he was called Mega Man Star Force.

Screenshots
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Download
https://www.therockmanexezone.com/wp-content/uploads/rockman_exe_oss_translation.zip

Prof. 9
Jun 14 2018, 11:23 AM
As a reminder, we do not condone piracy at TREZ, and anyone who asks for or provides NDS files or other ROMs will get a swift warning and/or ban and have their post removed. Don't be that guy/girl.

For Mac users, you can use the following OS X native patcher: MultiPatch, or use Wine.
For Android users, you can find some patching apps that support xdelta in the Play Store here.
For Chromebook users, if your Chromebook supports running Android apps, you can try the Play Store method. Otherwise, you can try booting into Linux and using Wine, or run xdelta from the command line.
If you're a Linux user you're probably smart enough to run xdelta from the command line. Otherwise, try Wine.
ChrisHighwind
Jun 15 2018, 04:09 AM
https://mega.nz/#!d5M1UZxQ!2HBJl1HJeWe48vMCQm3CMnXICG_c2SPWpc3EKZFGk4o Here is the AP patch for Megaman Battle Network Operate Star Force for those who have older flashcards or nds-bootstrap. It's a .bps file, so I packed in Floating IPS for convenience sake. Make sure to apply to a ROM that already has the translation patch applied.

Note: A late-game crash occurs in No$gba and DeSmuME with external BIOS images disabled. As a temporary workaround, you can use the following Action Replay DS code:
Code:

::Fix Secret Station emulator crash
521A7380 797968BF
121A737E 00007969
021A7380 DA04290D
D2000000 00000000
Edited by Prof. 9, Jun 16 2018, 01:26 PM.

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
Nice going, guys! Thank you so so much!
Edited by Final_Enigma_7, Mar 1 2018, 10:06 AM.
We all want what we never have but when we get it, we lose intrest in it shortly after so what's the point of being rich when what makes life a challenge is actually wondering when your next meal will be and when your next paycheck will come in? Why?

MegaBoy.jpeg
Member Avatar
Newb
I've been waiting for this for years, thank you! I hope that this will be completed soon!
Someone shared this in a discord server and it might get pretty popular

GreyRock.EXE
Member Avatar
TREZian
Oh. Fun.
I still hate myself. English TL for SC might help motivate me.
In case anyone wants to subject themselves to a horrifying audiovisual spectacle.
I thought I was so cool. It's clear now that I'm just bad.
Posted Image

FlareTale
Member Avatar
Newb
This is awesome! I so can't wait to finally be able to play this game after so long! Thank you so much for taking time to finally make this game playable for everyone!

Famous-San
Member Avatar
TREZian
Very excited for this. Great job.
Posted Image

nintendosega93
Member Avatar
Newb
can you guys make it a .cia file you know to install on 3ds and stuff

TheDude96
No Avatar
Newb
nintendosega93
Feb 22 2018, 07:19 PM
can you guys make it a .cia file you know to install on 3ds and stuff
No, DS games cannot be made to be installed onto a 3ds, you will need a flashcart or TWLoader to play it on a 3ds (SRLoader to play it on DSi with CFW or HBL on DSi)

nintendosega93
Member Avatar
Newb
but i saw on youtube a Forwarder3-DS program convert ds games to cia format to be installed by FBI on the 3ds

BOBdotEXE
Member Avatar
Awesome! Can't wait!

MagicalWingLT
No Avatar
Newb
nintendosega93
Feb 22 2018, 10:44 PM
but i saw on youtube a Forwarder3-DS program convert ds games to cia format to be installed by FBI on the 3ds
You can buy a simple multicart from E Bay that has game files on it. Just delete the ones you don't want on the sd card that comes with it. That's what I did, I have put Mega Man Zero Collection, Battle Network 5, and the Star Force games all on it. You can do the same thing for Operate Shooting Star. Just patch it and put it on the sd card and you'll be all set. Now I haven't patched a DS game yet, if someone knows what program to use please let me know because this will be my first DS game to patch. And Hello everyone I'm new here. I came across this post by reading Rockman Corner's article.

Chariblaze
No Avatar
Newb
Very cool! It'll be nice to have a way to play the "best" version of BN1.

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
YO GUYS I'M SO HYPE!!! The download says "Soon". Oh, dudes. This is 110% lit.
We all want what we never have but when we get it, we lose intrest in it shortly after so what's the point of being rich when what makes life a challenge is actually wondering when your next meal will be and when your next paycheck will come in? Why?

MegaBoy.jpeg
Member Avatar
Newb
Question: Are you accepting additional help onto the project.
Got no plans in joining if you are but I'm just curious.
Edited by MegaBoy.jpeg, Feb 23 2018, 02:01 PM.

Rockman X.exe
Member Avatar
What about the voices? US or Japanese?
Posted Image (that's my old nickname)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Even if can't win... I won't lose!

Zeta96
No Avatar
Newb
YEEESSSS

Keleon
No Avatar
Newb
MegaBoy.jpeg
Feb 22 2018, 04:52 PM
I've been waiting for this for years, thank you! I hope that this will be completed soon!
Someone shared this in a discord server and it might get pretty popular
I'm also still hyped for this. :-)

jerome674
No Avatar
Game never translate 8 years after and 2 projects in same time...

Bad news :(

My project :
http://forums.therockmanexezone.com/topic/10021777/1/#new
All translations projects that I finish:
Megaman Battle Network 1 : French
Megaman Battle Network 2 : French
Megaman Battle Network Wonderswan : French
Megaman Starforce 3 Black Ace : French
Megaman X4 : French
Megaman X5 : French
Megaman X6 : French
Megaman Zero Collection : French
My Projects
Coming soon :
Rockman Operation Shooting Star in English and French (april ->test began)

Final_Enigma_7
Member Avatar
TREZian
you ca still do your French translation though!

MegaBoy.jpeg
Member Avatar
Newb
Yeah, a french translation would be really good for this game. It would also work well for the french battle network community, so I'd say you should ask these guys for the logo and try to work together?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Battle Network · Next Topic »