Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Project Hikari
Topic Started: Apr 13 2017, 08:06 PM (597 Views)
St4rk
Member Avatar
Newb
Ohay !

I'm not good with *beautiful texts*, so I will go direct to the point. I have been working in the past few days in some *kind* of Mega Man Battle Network Online, it's far from complete (right now I'm focused on get the online stuff working and in the battle system). I started to write everything from the scratch (using C++11 and SDL 2.0) and I want to share with you the progress of the project here, I will try to update always that I can here and maybe soon launch some Alpha Test to everyone.

Right Now I'm trying to finish the client <-> server communication, it's a bit pain to deal with threads :P but I hope to have something soon.

Here some screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image

FAQ:
-> OMFG WHEN IT GONNA BE RELEASE, TOMORROW ?
I have no idea, mainly now with my switch and I'm playing Zelda in a total madness
-> The game will have overworld ?
Yes ! It's on my plans (both net and real world), but for now I want to focus on some kind of plaza where everyone can communicate with each other and ask for battle.
-> I want to help, make me your slave
It's nice, I really appreciate some help, right now I'm looking for people that want to deal with sprites/UI, I'm really pretty lame to this kind of stuff
-> Will you make it Open-source ?
It's on my plans, mainly if I decide to stop, but take the advise that my code is a real-non-prof mess
-> Why are you doing it ?
Because I love Mega Man ! and it was a childhood dream (when it was kind different), but yeah, because I like mega man.

All opinions are welcome ! See ya

Deleted User
Deleted User

That's hot, m8
Good luck to ye
... I still haven't done anything for rock colo kms

St4rk
Member Avatar
Newb
GreyRock.EXE
Apr 13 2017, 10:40 PM
That's hot, m8
Good luck to ye
... I still haven't done anything for rock colo kms
Haha thank you : ^), btw what is rock colo kms ?

--

Some updates, I had a ton of issues with socket, so I decided to move to SDL_Net, I will rewrite everything tomorrow and I hope that I can get the things working well, once I've it working, I will start to work with PvP(again) and do some tests :^)

Btw, if someone is good with UI and want to help, I would be glad.

Deleted User
Deleted User

kms = kill myself
Rock Colo = minigame in Operation Shooting Star
I said I'd make a PC version a long time ago but I haven't done it lul

St4rk
Member Avatar
Newb
GreyRock.EXE
Apr 15 2017, 06:57 PM
kms = kill myself
Rock Colo = minigame in Operation Shooting Star
I said I'd make a PC version a long time ago but I haven't done it lul
Ah cool, thank you xD

~ ~

Oh yeah, I did an amazing progress today. I rewrote the whole socket code now using SDL2_net, it's working pretty well : :D
I changed the sprite-sheet to extracted from GBA game (Thanks to Greiga Master@MMBN Sprite List Viewer). Anyway, multiple accounts are working, the battle system (basic) is working, I did a dumb mistake (I noticed it while I was recording the video), I was sending the wrong position to client, but I will fix it tomrrow or monday(it's 02:15AM and I need take some rest -_-zzz )

So here is a video showing the progress:

WitchRolina
Member Avatar
interesting. Look forward to any updates you've got~

Any goals with this? Is it a netbattle simulator, or maybe a full game you want to build? Will you use Styles, Souls, or Crosses?
So if robots in the robotics timeline become programs in the network timeline...
...would cyber elves then become robots?

Nicharrison
Member Avatar
If you need sprites i am doing a project for the gba and was going to be doing a large bit of sprites so just ask when you need some.
Also if you wanted ideas for menus just PM me and we can talk.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fanworks · Next Topic »