Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Battle Network 1 Chip Research (E); chip families research [complete]
Topic Started: Sep 9 2016, 12:08 PM (613 Views)
ryukusu
No Avatar
Hello everyone.
I know that I abandoned mmbn5 chip research but I had no exact goal there.
Now I have a goal with battle network 1. I want to mod it, make it more closer to the NT Warrior (English version), change plot and battle chips. So first I decided to research chip families values as I did it last time. I have some notes explaining my concept (PM if you want to know about them).

Now straight to the point. Here is the research I'm doing regarding chips. I will focus on modding the game so I will give addresses for game (and they are easier to find in VBA memory search tool). Today I won't post the screenshot as I did previous time. If you don't know how to start just find this string in your hex-editor (00 01 02 03 04 00 08).

Please note that I did it for the European version, in American version offsets should be different.

canon chip offset:
0x7d98
hicannon:
0x7db4
So 28/1C bytes are used for every chip. It can help to calculate you where your chip is located.
Here are values of chip starting from the beginning:

00 01 02 03 04 00 08 00 00 01 18 00 28 00 99 01 b4 86 63 08 fc 81 64 08 1c

little bomb:
01 03 06 0e 13 00 10 00 00 0a 55 00 32 00 99 01 b4 89 63 08 fc ab 64 08 dc 6e

00 01 02 03 04 - chip codes,
00 - element
08 - chip family
00 - chip subfamily (5th byte)
00 - rarity
01 - position in the library (ID)
18 - ??
00 - ??
28 - attack value
00 - ??
99 - ??
01 - ??
b4 - ??
86 - ??
63 - ??
- ??
- ??

elements:
00 - null
01 - elec
02 - fire
03 - aqua
04 - leaf
05+ - junk

Now here is the description for chip families. There are dumb values of course. But I will update it.
Spoiler: click to toggle

The research is going on. Now the most interesting part is "Chip Canons"! It helps you to sense a battle (you're not invincible) and you can choose infinite bulk of chips, e.g. imagine that you get this by pressing "A" button (by order):
Code:

megabuster,iceman,megacannon,geddon1,ironbody,guts fist strait,clodier,lockon3,repair

And this happens if you just change 1 byte in a navi chip. ^_^

EDIT: I'm happy to announce that now my research is complete! You can you it in your mods or to create a program which will make patches. Just mention me if you're grateful for all the work I did.
Edited by ryukusu, Oct 27 2017, 03:16 PM.

ryukusu
No Avatar
I found another interesting information: chip list is not created by strict order. I knew that battle network 1 is the first one and probably code is not beautiful. But I didn't expect to see sword family after cannons while in the library it is a shotgun family!
So here is the list of offsets for all chips. If you see just " - " and no number then it means that there is no chip. I didn't check what it is, but having all offsets by order might help you.

Spoiler: click to toggle

And one more thing: sometimes chip family codes works correctly for one chip but will not work at all for another chip. For example, if you want to replace high cannon by high cannon buster it will not work. Same for mega cannon. I didn't check other chips yet, but already started to patch the game to see what happens.
Edited by ryukusu, Nov 25 2016, 09:01 AM.

BOBdotEXE
Member Avatar
I just wanted to say THANKS A TON for all your hard work!

Just a quick question, Are you running the European version of the game?
Because the offsets did not matchup for me.
Code:

CRC-32: c9665cbb
MD5: d52c9bb512ac818d3aa74ad7886112b4

They worked fine when I adjusted them '- c'.
Edited by BOBdotEXE, Sep 12 2017, 07:47 PM.

ryukusu
No Avatar
Thank you. I'm happy that it helped you. I guess, it will encourage others to make mods.
Yes, I run the European version.

BOBdotEXE
Member Avatar
ryukusu
Sep 17 2017, 11:40 AM
Yes, I run the European version.
Gotcha!

You may want to mention that in the second, post with the offsets,

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Guides & Research · Next Topic »